National Sales Manager
National Sales Manager
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING: All full applications will be reviewed. A full application consists of your Resume, Cover Letter, and Salary Requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: This job description does not imply that these requirements are the position’s exclusive standards. You will be expected to follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required.
ABOUT FLOMATIC VALVES:
Flomatic’s story began in Hoosick, New York, in 1933 designing and manufacturing valves. Now 90 years later, we are currently located in Glen Falls, New York, with an expanded state-of-the-art plant operation and product offering of high-quality valves built to last for the water and wastewater market.
Our success is guided and driven by our employees and sales representatives’ consistent and dedicated team efforts. We listen exceptionally well to our customers’ needs. This relentless customer-centric drive has led to us developing some of the best-performing valve products with the highest quality standards in the industry. Innovation combined with the best competitive advantage we have, our employees, have resulted in our well-recognized industry leadership.
The National Sales Manager plays a pivotal role in orchestrating the success of the company's sales endeavors, with a sharp focus on optimizing the sales process, procedures, and strategy implementation. This role entails overseeing a geographically dispersed sales team, ensuring they operate cohesively with clear objectives and directions. Central to this position is the diligent monitoring of the sales funnel, championing change management, and cultivating an environment that fosters peak sales performance and profitability. Implementation of HubSpot (CRM) and Construct Connect programs to monitor the sales funnel and manage the sales force.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise and execute national sales strategies to not only meet but surpass sales targets.
- Provide astute leadership and guidance to a team of direct territory sales reps, independent sales representatives, and customer service representatives in the office.
- Offer unwavering support and coordination for all product-related sales efforts, blending in-house and field sales to enhance the effectiveness of sales personnel.
- Spearhead the customer service department's interaction with sales representatives, distributors, and end user customers. Maintain and improve customer relationships while ensuring exceptional service levels are consistently delivered.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with key customers and explore new business opportunities.
- Diligently monitor and assess sales performance, pinpointing areas for enhancement and adjustment.
- Project sales figures and develop budgets in alignment with company objectives.
- Ensure adherence to sales policies among the sales team. Participate in sales planning processes, including competitive product analysis, sales budget and quota establishment, and budget administration.
- Propose organizational and staffing plans to achieve sales objectives, actively overseeing their execution.
- Play a pivotal role in recruiting and selecting sales personnel while ensuring their effective supervision, qualification, and training.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing and product development teams to synchronize sales efforts with the broader business strategy.
- Represent the company at trade shows and industry events.
- First year travel of less than 10% and the second and third year up to 20% overnight.
- Occasionally, this role may entail additional tasks and duties beyond the core responsibilities.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing is required, while a Master's or advanced degree is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of sales management experience with direct reports with a specific focus on engineered products or services.
- A proven track record of success in formulating and implementing sales strategies and road maps that consistently achieve and surpass objectives.
- Familiarity with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) HubSpot is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills of direct report employees.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in financial management principles.
- Strategic agility.
- Financial acumen.
- Intellectual stamina.
- A talent for coaching, mentoring, leading change, and team-building.
- Exemplary ability to expand sales and marketing teams.
- Proficiency in leading diverse, cross-functional teams.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary Range $75K - $120K annual base, plus commission. After a 60-day introductory period, Flomatic offers a variety of fantastic employee opportunities and competitive benefits. Our benefits package includes medical – with company sponsored HRA, vision, dental, life insurance, and supplemental coverage such as short and long-term disability, and Aflac. Included in our employment benefits package is a 401K plan with a company match, company bonuses, generous PTO (paid time off) policies, and 12 paid Holidays per year. Flomatic prides itself in funding an HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) program, assisting employees with funds to aid in the cost of the high deductible plans offered.
Please submit a cover letter, your resume and compensation requirements for consideration.
E-mail: Tammy Deyette Deyette@Flomatic.com