Assistant Golf Manager
Huntingdon Country Club is seeking an Assistant Golf Manager to help the club achieve its goals for growth and profitability. The successful candidate will join a club which has experienced substantial growth in memberships and golf rounds in the past four years under new ownership and management. This is a full-time, seasonal job working during the golf season (April through October). Full-time job opportunity may be available.
- A strong interest for the game of golf.
- A welcoming personality and motivation to provide a first-class golf experience for members and guests.
- A positive and professional attitude with excellent customer service, computer and communication skills.
- A desire to do whatever it takes with a strong attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic to work a 40-45 hour workweek including weekends during the golf season.
Education and Experience
- This entry level management position requires a bachelors degree in management and/or marketing or related fields.
- A candidate who aspires to become a PGA Professional is a plus.
- No prior club experience required but a strong interest in golf with a strong passion to grow and learn.
- Assists the General Manager/Director of Golf with the management of the golf division including retail golf operations. tournament and league management, member relations, and marketing programs.
- Actively involved in the management and marketing of club golf tournaments and leagues including weekly men’s leagues, ladies’ events, couples’ events, charity events, Club Invitational, and championship tournaments.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of Golf Genius tournament software.
- Provides a welcoming and responsive environment to members and guests in the golf shop; answers phones, reserves tee times, books lessons, and sells greens fees, cart fees, memberships, golf merchandise, snacks, and beverages.
- Assists with retail golf operations; sells, displays, promotes, and merchandises inventory. Conducts monthly inventory.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the GolfNow 365 Pro point of sale system (POS); helps train and maintain the POS and assists with any operational issues.
- Performs daily golf shop opening and/or closing procedures as designated. Accurately completes POS end of day processing.
- Along with golf staff, responsible for the correct appearance, organization, and cleanliness of the golf shop, snack shop, stock room, equipment, fixtures, and golf carts. Reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
- Works with Cart Maintenance Manager to ensure golf carts are in good working condition and available for daily golf rounds and tournaments.
- Assists members with special merchandise orders; places orders and processes returns.
- Helps members set-up charge accounts, charges members’ credit cards monthly for outstanding account balances monthly.
- Professionally and tactfully informs and enforces club policies with members, guests, and staff.
- Conducts junior camps, golf clinics and golf lessons.
- Assists with recruitment, hiring, training, and supervising of the golf shop staff. Responsible for scheduling staff to ensure daily coverage. Ready and willing to assist the golf shop staff when necessary.
- Serves as the club’s representative on the Central Counties Golf Association board.
- Ensures good relations with the Huntingdon Area High School and Juniata College golf teams.
- Must be RAMP certified within 60 days to sell alcoholic beverages in the golf shop.
- Keeps informed of golf industry standards and trends. Pursues related continuing education and training opportunities. Maintains necessary certifications and applicable professional affiliations.
- Performs other duties assigned by the General Manager.
- Potential to earn up to $800 per week during the golf season including a salary plus bonuses and income from tournaments and other golf events.
- Competitive weekly salary based upon experience and aptitude
- Incentives and bonuses based on achieving various golf benchmarks
- 5 paid vacation days during the golf season
- Golf and seasonal cart pass memberships
- Professional golf attire provided
- 15% discount on golf shop merchandise
- Daily meals stipend
- Play golf with members and in various HCC tournaments
- Possible subsidized housing close to the club
Nestled in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains, Huntingdon Country Club offers an 18-hole golf course that provides the perfect blend of scenic landscape, challenging golf, and a relaxing atmosphere. It’s been voted “The Best Golf Course in Huntingdon County.” Founded in 1920, the club is located on Route 26 South of Huntingdon, PA and 20 minutes from scenic Raystown Lake.