Advertising Sales Representative
The Ottumwa Courier is seeking an energetic advertising sales representative to help serve our advertising clients.
The primary function is to sell and service all businesses from a designated territory or account list. This includes current advertisers and new accounts, with the objective being to achieve sales goals, both individual and departmental, including print and online.
This position earns a base salary plus commission on advertising sold.
Specific Duties and Job Responsibilities include:
- Meet objective of achieving revenue goals for the month, quarter and year, both in print products and internet;
- Maintain professional standards of service and selling to current and prospective accounts;
- Develop advertising campaigns, spec ads, layouts, and proposals for all accounts;
- Develop new revenue growth for current accounts by increasing frequency, ad size, and development of new ideas and programs;
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled meetings plus various training programs;
- Follow company guidelines for policies and procedures;
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards accounts and coworkers;
- Keep confidentiality standards for clients and The Ottumwa Courier;
- Keep all accounts current on receivables and assist with billing discrepancies;
- Know the market and personal territory and stay familiar with readership habits;
- Know the product and stay familiar with all aspects of print and online initiatives;
- Meet all deadlines in regards to scheduling and copy submission;
- Provide proper layouts and pertinent information to the graphics department; and
- Be able to react to change and current trends productively and handle any other essential tasks as assigned.
To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to General Manager Kyle Ocker by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.